This article contains spoilers. Although, these videos are old anyway, and you should have already seen them, but we're so nice we're warning you anyway! Now hurry up and watch them.
The Iron Man of ScrewAttack was a competition between staff members between the 9th - 13th July 2012. The competition was held as a way of deciding who would be able to go to Japan with Craig.
The competitors Edit
Also listed is their color in the chat.
- Ben - orange
- Chad - dark green
- Jared - red
- Sean - gray
- Drake - light green
- Sam - purple
- Nick - yellow
- Bryan - Blue
Lauren was not able to compete due to having another job, so she could not accept the prize.
The games Edit
Ten games were chosen to be played, but only 5 of those games would actually be played.
- Columns (Genesis)
- Stunt Race FX (SNES)
- Nintendo Campus Challenge (NES)
- Revolution X (Sega Saturn)
- Mario Tennis (Nintendo 64)
- New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo Wii)
- Burger Time (Arcade)
- Xtreme Beach Volleyball (XBox Live)
- WCW Nitro (PlayStation)
- Street Fighter EX 3 (Playstation 2)
In case you haven't seen the videos, here they are so you can watch them before scrolling down for the results.
- Day 1 Nintendo Campus Challenge
- Day 2 Burger Time
- Day 3 Revolution X
- Day 4 New Super Mario Bros Wii
- Day 5 Street Fighter EX
Game 1 - Nintendo Campus Challenge Edit
Nintendo Campus Challenge is a cartridge that features three games. Super Mario Bros 3, Pin Bot and Dr. Mario. The goal is to collect 25 coins in Mario, get 100,000 points in Pin Bot, then get as many points as possible in Dr. Mario - all of which is in a 6 minute time limit. The score in Mario 3 is multiplied by 10, and Dr. Mario is multiplied by 100. Whoever came last was eliminated from the competition.
|Name||Mario 3 x 10||Pin Bot x 1||Dr. Mario x 100||Final Score||Rank|
Sean was eliminated.
- Sam and Chad researched the game and used a strategy to stay in the Mario 3 stage for as long as possible.
- Nick, Drake and Jared thought Dr. Mario was more important.
- Bryan attempted to get to level 2 in Mario 3, but abandoned it quickly.
- Nick and Drake trained for the event. Bryan and Ben said they had played the game before. Jared did not train at all.
- Sean attempted to train, but did not know that a second controller is required to play.
- Jared was the only competitor to beat the first Mario 3 level, although Bryan attempted to.
- Jared got the ball stuck in Pin Bot and got through the level the fastest.
- Drake brought an Iron Man mask into the competition room.
- The difference between Bryan and Sean was about the same amount of points as one Goomba (1000 points).
Game 2 - Burger Time Edit
The second day had the crew competing in Burger Time. The competitors had six minutes and three lives to get as many points as they could. Unfortunately, the stream was very laggy.
Ben was eliminated.
- Sam had never played Burger Time before.
- Chad had to reset his game because Craig messed up the rules.
- Drake wore a band-aid to the event, the second day in a row he brought something into the competition room.
- Everybody lost all three lives, and everybody made it to the second level.
- Sean attempted the challenge too, but quit when he got to level 2, and had just below 4000 points.
- Craig attempted the challenge at the end, and received 6200 points, with 3.22 left on the clock. This would have placed him in 5th place.
Game 3 - Revolution X Edit
This competition was a one-on-one game between two players. Whoever has the highest score on the first level moves on to day 4. The game is played with the Saturn controller, rather than the light guns that are usually used to play the game. The entire score came down to both completing the first level, including bonuses. Due to everyone commenting on the unfair and poorly thought out rules, Craig made a rule that if there is a draw, both competitors will be eliminated.
Sam vs Nick
Drake vs Chad
Jared vs Bryan
Sean and Ben had an exhibition match.
Sean vs Ben
- Sam had never heard of this game.
- Drake was the only one who had played the game with a D-Pad.
- Once again, Drake wore the Iron-Man mask upon entering the room - and wore it during the challenge.
Game 4 - New Super Mario Bros Wii Edit
The three remaining competitors had to win four games of coin battle. Once a competitor wins all four, they are out of the game and progress to the final round of the tournament. The other two players would then continue until one of them had four wins. If in any game, all players are dead, the game will be reset no matter who was winning at the time, and by how much. For the record, game resets will not be referenced here.
Nick - Mario, Bryan - Luigi, Chad - Toad.
Battle for 1st Edit
|Level / Name||Bonuses||Coins||Big Coins (x10)||Total|
|Coin - 1|
|Coin - 2|
|Coin - 3|
|Coin - 4|
|Coin - 5|
|2 - 2|
|3 - Castle|
Scores: Chad: 4, Nick: 3, Bryan 0
Battle for second Edit
|Level / Name||Bonus||Coins||Big Coins (x10)||Total|
|4 - 5|
|5 - 4|
Scores: Nick 4, Bryan 1
Chad and Nick advance to day 5.
- In the 3-Castle stage, Bryan lost all of his lives.
- With Chad winning by 1 f'ing coin, he was eliminated from the game and progressed into the final day, leaving Nick and Bryan to fight out for second.
Game 5 - Street Fighter Edit
The final day's challenge was a best of 9, tag battle.
Nick started with Skullmania and Doctrine Dark. Chad started with Ryu and Ken.
- Chad won game 1. 1-0
- Chad won game 2. 2-0
- Chad won game 3. 3-0
Nick changed his characters to Ryu and Ken.
- Nick won game 4. 1-3
- Chad won game 5. 4-1 (Time over)
- Chad won game 6. 5-1
Chad wins the Iron Man of ScrewAttack.
- Nick had 45 minutes of practice just before they started.
- Both Chad and Nick had played before, but very little (because the game sucks).